Even meat-lovers are going to like this delicious tofu burger. Don’t hold the beetroot!
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (20g)
- 2 Teaspoons Reduced Salt Soy Sauce (10g)
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
- 3 Teaspoons Peanut Butter, No Added Sugar Or Salt (15g)
- 300g Firm Tofu, thickly sliced
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Onion (73g), cut into rings
- 4 Slices Wholegrain Bread (160g)
- 3 Tablespoons Reduced Fat Ricotta (60g)
- 80g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 Carrot (61g), grated
- 60g Canned Beetroot, sliced into matchsticks
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic in a shallow bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread peanut butter over one side of each tofu slice. Add tofu to marinade mixture and turn to coat. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Push to one side of pan. Add tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Toast bread, and spread with ricotta. Top with lettuce, tofu, onions, carrot and beetroot and extra slice of toast.
Coaching Zone Tip
- You can marinate the tofu for as long as 8 hours (or overnight). Cover and place into the fridge to marinate.
- Feel free to mix up the vegetable ingredients – try some sliced tomato, snow pea or alfalfa sprouts, cucumber ribbons or chargrilled eggplant or capsicum.
Want more? There’s plenty more where that came from. Home Fitness Network contains over 150+ meal plans and hundreds of quick and easy recipes like this, which have been designed by Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation team. In addition, you’ll gain access to hundreds of workouts that you can complete from the comfort of your own home. Join now...
Are you a Coaching Zone member? You receive discounted access to Home Fitness Network. See here for further information.