Now that we’re heading back to work or school, it’s time to get back into the ritual of packing a healthy compact lunch. Chicken and coleslaw is a classic combo and it all comes together in a tasty wrap.
- 400g Lean Chicken Breast
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil (10g)
- 1 Carrot (61g), grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Red Cabbage (143g), shredded
- 2 Shallot (6g), sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Low Fat Mayonnaise (40g)
- 3 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (15g)
- 2 Teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard (10g)
- 6 Pieces Wholemeal Mountain Bread (150g)
- 40g Baby Spinach
- Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Spray both sides of chicken with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken to the chargrill and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Thinly slice.
- Combine carrot, cabbage and shallot in a medium bowl. Stir mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard together, then add to vegetables and toss to combine.
- Place 2 pieces of bread on top of each other. Repeat with remaining bread to make 3 stacks. Divide spinach between bread and top with coleslaw and chicken. Roll up firmly to enclose filling, and cut in half to serve.
Coaching Zone Tip
- Cook the chicken the night before for a quick and easy lunch the next day.
- Shallots are the long, green, thin variety
Want more? There’s plenty more where that came from. Home Fitness Network contains over 150+ meal plans and hundreds of quick and easy recipes like this. In addition, you’ll gain access to hundreds of workouts that you can complete from the comfort of your own home. Join now...
Are you a Coaching Zone member? You receive discounted access to Home Fitness Network. See here for further information.